Sunday 6 February 2011

Ociné

Saint-Omer 22-09-2008 14-59-49
Hôtel de ville de Saint-Omer
Film: Les aventures extraordinaires d'Adèle Blanc-Sec (2010)

Screens: 8  Ticket price: 9.20€

Saint-Omer is a great town to visit and this cinema -- just off the main square -- is a bustling place that makes for a fine evening out.  Many years ago I remember pressing my nose up against the attractive glass exterior while on a day-trip there -- although my interest in the cinema was soon forgotten as I struggled to stay conscious after an alfresco lunch consisting of a "Welsh" that contained enough melted cheese to fill the Stade de France.  Later on that day you'd have caught me cramming armfuls of salad into my mouth in the vain hope it would counter the brutality of the cheese.

Fast forward a few years and a short break in the town afforded us enough time to take in a film.  The rather belligerent ticket man and the indifferent popcorn woman weren't the best front of house staff I've ever encountered, but that was the worst of it.  I think it was the opening day for Luc Besson's latest, which proved to be piles of fun.  The auditorium it played in is, I'm guessing, the biggest of the 8 they have as it was pretty huge.  Pic and sound quality were both excellent, and the seats nice and comfortable.  All in this is an attractive and lively cinema that I would happily pop into again.  That's if I'm still successfully eluding the long-term effects of that Welsh. 

Website